Fast & Efficient
Ontario Retail Fulfillment
For over 20 years, hundreds of U.S. and Canadian companies have trusted KAIN Logistics as their preferred Ontario retail fulfillment partner. Discover the benefits of partnering with us for all your B2B fulfillment, distribution, and inventory management needs.
Eager to expand into the Canadian market, but concerned about the complexities of your Ontario retail fulfillment requirements?
We understand the challenges businesses face when it comes to fulfilling B2B orders in Canada — especially for companies based in the U.S. Our retail fulfillment services are tailored to meet these challenges.
KAIN Logistics brings a professional approach to B2B fulfillment that makes it easy to fulfill B2B orders for your retail customers across Canada.
Get a Custom Solution to Make Ontario Retail Fulfillment Stress-Free
Get a custom Ontario retail fulfillment solution tailored to your needs. Fill out the form below to request a quote now.
Maximize Your B2B Success with Expert Ontario Retail Fulfillment Services
Business-to-business or B2B fulfillment is the process of fulfilling an order from another business, often a ‘big-box’ retailer like Walmart or Home Depot, who resales your product to end consumers.
A B2B retail fulfillment company is a third-party logistics partner that streamlines the B2B fulfillment process, enabling you to focus on selling your products and growing your business. B2B fulfillment companies specialize in serving businesses rather than individual consumers, and their services are designed to meet the specific needs of these types of customers
Using KAIN Logistics as an example, a typical outsourced B2B order fulfillment process would look like this:
- Secure Inventory Storage. Send your products to our Ontario retail fulfillment warehouse in Simcoe, Ontario, just outside the Greater Toronto Area.
- Sales Management. Connect your EDI to our warehousing system to forward us your B2B orders automatically, enabling us to begin fulfillment immediately.
- Order Fulfillment. KAIN Logistics ships your products to customers within 24 hours of receiving an order, helping to ensure customer satisfaction and enhance your reputation as a dependable business.
How Outsourced B2B Order Fulfillment Optimizes Your Supply Chain
- Shipments reach their destinations on time thanks to the resources and expertise of a local third-party fulfillment partner
- Real-time inventory management systems reduce stockouts and overstocking
- Provides access to new locations and markets without adding new complexities
- Ensures that your products will be handled and transported in accordance with Canadian laws and regulations
- Frees up internal resources to focus on what your business does best
- Reduces the risk that comes with storing, packing, and shipping to B2B customers
- Improves your ability to scale and adapt to changes in demand
Ontario, Canada is the optimal location for Canadian B2B fulfillment services due to its strategic location and excellent transportation infrastructure. Ontario serves as a central gateway to both the Eastern and Western regions of Canada, making it the ideal hub for anyone looking to reach a national market.
Ontario also has an excellent transportation network, with highways, railroads, and airports designed to make moving goods as timely and cost-effective as possible.
What is the Difference Between B2C and B2B Fulfillment?
- Order processing: B2B customers place orders through a purchasing system, often through a designated point of contact, rather than through a website or a mobile app like B2C orders.
- Order and unit volume: B2B fulfillment involves orders in bulk quantities, often on a recurring basis. B2C orders are typically smaller, one-off orders.
- Shipping method: Most B2B orders are shipped via freight and palletized due to the number of items involved.
- Regulations: B2B orders may be subject to additional regulations such as those regarding commercial invoicing, packing slips, and shipping requirements. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in delays and increased costs.
- Cost: The cost of Ontario retail fulfillment is typically negotiated through bulk discounts and shipping accounts for a smaller proportion of the total order cost. Due to smaller order sizes and delivery to residential addresses, B2C fulfillment costs are higher.
- Time Sensitivity: Time is of the essence when it comes to retail fulfillment. Retailers do not want to run out of stock, so B2B fulfillment is oftentimes more time-sensitive than B2C.
Our expert B2B fulfillment team is standing by to create a custom Canadian fulfillment solution for you. Find out how we can help you today.
Some of the customers we serve:
How to Choose the Ontario Retail Fulfillment Company that's Right for Your Business
Outsourcing your B2B order fulfillment reduces logistical complexities, improves efficiencies, and ensures that your orders are shipped in a timely manner. However, not all Ontario retail fulfillment services are created equal.
A good B2B fulfillment partner will not only help you fulfill orders on time and with accuracy, but also provide you with the opportunity to further expand your business in Canada and beyond.
When choosing an Ontario retail fulfillment partner, it is important to consider:
Location plays an important role in both transportation costs and transit times. Shortening delivery times and reducing delay is key to customer satisfaction.
- Customs Clearance and Compliance
Ability to handle customs clearance and compliance.
- Storage Space
Adequate space to store and organize inventory, including the ability to expand as needed to accommodate fluctuations in demand.
- Material Handling Equipment
Loading docks and loading equipment to facilitate the movement of goods in and out of the facility, including forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment.
- Safety and Security
Fire suppression and security systems such as alarm systems CCTV, sprinklers, and fire extinguishers are essential for protecting your products from theft and damage.
- Adequate Parking and Loading Facilities
Properly designed and maintained parking and loading areas ensure the safe and efficient movement of goods and vehicles both in and out of the warehouse. This helps to minimize delays and reduce the risk of damage to goods and equipment.
- WMS Software
WMS software that can handle high volume and complex orders, with real-time inventory tracking, automated picking and packing, and the ability to integrate with various e-commerce platforms.
- Sorting and Packaging
Sorting and packaging area to prepare products for shipping, including labeling, packaging, and palletizing.
- Shipping Methods
Ability to handle multiple shipping methods such as air, sea and ground, and also handling multiple types of cargo.
Flexibility in handling multiple customers and handling their specific requirements, including the ability to handle B2B order fulfillment, and to handle special requests such as kitting, bundling, custom packaging, subscription-based models and recurring orders.
- Returns Management
Automated systems for returns management.
- Environmental Controls
The warehouse must have proper controls in place to maintain the right temperature, humidity, and other environmental conditions in order to protect your products.
In addition, a 3PL warehouse that specializes in B2B fulfillment should have well-trained and experienced staff, who are familiar with the latest logistics and fulfillment practices. It is important that they are capable of handling customer issues quickly and efficiently.
Over the past 20 years, our retail clients have proven their resilience, adaptability, and diligence. As a leading Canadian fulfillment partner, KAIN Logistics strives to embody these same qualities in everything that we do.
Simplify Your Supply Chain with Ontario Retail Fulfillment Solutions Tailored to Your Needs
At KAIN Logistics, we offer a range of services to support our B2B fulfillment clients, including:
- Kitting: Our B2B fulfillment team can handle the process of combining multiple individual products into one packaged unit, ready for shipment to the customer as a single item.
- Bundling: We can support businesses with their bundling strategy, packaging multiple products or services together to create a single combined offering.
- Custom Packaging: Our team has the expertise to ensure your products are packaged in a specific and unique manner tailored to your requirements.
- Subscription-based Models: Let us support your business’s subscription-based offerings and manage the regular delivery of products or services to subscribers.
- Recurring Orders: Our fulfillment process is equipped to handle recurring orders, ensuring our clients’ customers receive their regular, recurring purchases of the same or similar products or services on time.
How Much Does B2B Retail Fulfillment Cost in Ontario?
Retail fulfillment services are a crucial aspect of any retail business, but determining the cost can be complex.
However, there are some common charges that you will encounter that we’ve included below so that you can begin to familiarize yourself with what to expect:
- Initial setup fees
Covers the costs of setting up your business’s account, assigning space in the warehouse to your products, and integrating your EDI provider with the company’s WMS Software.
- Receiving costs
Covers the process of receiving your product in the warehouse, including counting, inspecting for damage, labeling if necessary, and inventorying.
- Warehousing and storage costs
Varies based on the space required, duration of storage, type of storage, and more. Learn more about warehousing and storage costs in Ontario.
- Fulfillment costs
These are the costs related to picking and packaging your products for shipment when an order comes in.
- Shipping costs
The movement of your products from the warehouse to your customer.
Understanding these fees can provide you with a clearer picture of the costs associated with retail fulfillment services to help you make informed decisions for your business.
However, it is important to remember that the best way to get an accurate estimate for your specific needs is to contact us for a custom quote. We are always happy to help and provide a quote for retail fulfillment services tailored to your needs.
Retailers we work with:
Why Choose KAIN Logistics for Your Ontario Retail Fulfillment Needs
As a U.S. business looking to expand your reach into the Canadian market, you need a reliable and efficient fulfillment partner who understands the complexities of retail distribution in Ontario. That’s where KAIN Logistics comes in. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, KAIN Logistics is your go-to solution for all your fulfillment needs.
Our state-of-the-art 187,000 sq. ft. warehouse is strategically located just outside the Greater Toronto Area in Simcoe, providing you with quick and easy access to a major market in Canada. Our team of experts is well-versed in the ins and outs of retail distribution in Ontario, and we understand the customs and compliance paperwork associated with taking goods between the US and Canada borders.
We offer a comprehensive and eCommerce-ready fulfillment service that will help you streamline your operations and grow your business. Our EDI integration provides easy inventory tracking, and we are flexible in handling special requests like kitting, bundling, custom packaging, subscription-based models, and recurring orders. Our goal is to make your life easier, so you can focus on what you do best – growing your business.
At KAIN Logistics, we understand that your business is unique, and we are committed to providing tailored solutions that meet your specific needs.
Whether you’re looking for a partner to help you handle your fulfillment needs or you need a team of experts to help you navigate the complexities of retail distribution in Ontario, KAIN Logistics is here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, depending on the system you use.
We can set up FTP/EDI folders for bulk orders and also have the capability of single order entries through Weblink.
Yes. We can provide and transfer to the location shipped as long as we get the consignee Chep account number.
We use Microsoft Dynamics NAV Excalibur. Individual profiles for each client’s staff can be made in Weblink to monitor inventory and see full order/receipt history and enter submissions.
Yes. We can set clients up to ship on their account numbers to maintain their rates, as long as we have their account numbers. You can also use and set up your current carriers on your side.
The more notice the better. Typically, anything that comes in for ecommerce before 11am can be processed and shipped the same day. After 11am gets pushed to the next day. Full pallet orders would be 1-2 days preferably, or more.