Ambient and Temperature Control
Our Canadian 3pl warehouse located in Ontario offers over 185,000 sq ft of ambient temperature control space, as well as approx. 2500 sq ft of temperature control space with the temperature range of 16-21 degrees Celsius. We currently have products in house that range anywhere from chocolate to steel. Let us know your warehousing and temperature control needs.
Temperature Control Storage- Canada Ontario
What is a Temperature Controlled Space?
Temperature controlled space refers to an environment where the temperature is actively maintained within a specific range. This type of space is used to store items that are sensitive to changes in temperature, such as perishable goods, medical supplies, and certain types of equipment. Temperature controlled space can include refrigerated storage rooms or freezers, as well as climate-controlled rooms or buildings. These environments are typically equipped with temperature monitoring and control systems to ensure that the temperature remains within the desired range. Temperature controlled spaces can have different temperature ranges, and it’s important to choose the right one depending on the type of items to be stored.
Items that typically require temperature control of 16-21 degrees Celsius:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Dairy products (unopened almond/coconut milk, butter, etc.)
- Fresh herbs and spices
- Fresh flowers and plants
- Freshly baked goods
- Some types of medication, such as insulin
- Wine and champagne
- Certain types of chocolate
- Certain types of art and collectibles
It’s important to note that these are general guidelines, and the optimal storage temperature can vary depending on the specific item and the desired preservation period. Additionally, to maintain the freshness and quality of food items, it’s important to ensure that the storage area is also clean and free from any contaminants.
Ambient Control Storage- Canada Ontario
What is Ambient Temperature?
Ambient temperature refers to the temperature of the surrounding environment. It can vary depending on the location and the time of year. In most cases, ambient temperature refers to the temperature in a room or building that is being used for storage. Typically, ambient temperature can range between -1-30 degrees Celsius. However, it can be higher or lower depending on factors such as the location, the time of year, and the insulation of the building. It is important to note that some items require specific temperature storage conditions and that the ambient temperature in a room may not be suitable for these items.
Items that can be stored in Ambient Temperature include:
- Canned goods (such as canned fruits, vegetables, soups, and sauces)
- Dry goods (such as flour, sugar, rice, and pasta)
- Baked goods (such as bread, crackers, and cookies)
- Nuts and seeds
- Dried fruits and vegetables
- Spices and herbs (in airtight containers)
- Condiments (such as ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise)
- Non-perishable snacks (such as chips, popcorn, and cereal)
- Certain types of beverages (such as tea, coffee, and soda)
- Certain types of cleaning supplies and personal care products (such as laundry detergent, shampoo, and soap)
- Certain types of batteries and electronics
It’s important to note that some items may require special storage conditions such as darkness or cool temperature and that certain food items like spices and herbs should be stored in airtight containers to avoid exposure to light, moisture, and air. Additionally, it is recommended to check the expiration date for these items, especially for food items.